MANILA – The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) on Wednesday said it has yet to get reports of damage due to Tropical Depression Lannie.
“Sa kasalukuyan po, walang report ng damage maski saang lugar (So far, there are no reports of damage from any area) and we’re still continuing to monitor and get reports from the regions,” Assistant Secretary Casiano Monilla, OCD deputy administrator for operations, said in a Laging Handa briefing.
He added that only one case of preemptive evacuation took place and this occurred in SIlago, Southern Leyte where seven families or around 30 persons were evacuated.
Monilla said these families have now returned to their homes.
He, however, added that they have received reports of landslides, flooding, and soil movement in different regions.
“Lannie” has also forced the suspension of operations in 77 ports across the country, 32 of which have now restored normal operations.
“Sa ganiyang kadahilanan, bale 12 po ang passengers; tatlo sa Batangas City Port at siyam sa Semirara Port ang hindi nakapaglayag kaagad. And of course, 40 rolling cargoes naman sa Roxas, Oriental Mindoro (For that reason, 12 passengers, three in Batangas City Port and nine at the Semirara Port were unable to go on with their voyage, and of course, this includes 40 rolling cargoes in Roxas, Oriental Mindoro),” he added.
“Lannie” has left the Philippine Area of Responsibility on Wednesday morning. (PNA)